Mini itinerary — Lyme Regis
- Head over to Lyme Regis and start with breakfast at Swim. With uninterrupted views out to see, you’ll spot the brave sea swimmers and early morning walkers on the beach. https://www.weswim.co.uk
- After a hearty breakfast take a walk out onto the cob where they filmed The 1980’s film the French Lieutenant’s Woman. You can channel your inner Meryl Streep as you gaze out to see.
- From there walk back along the promenade and take the opportunity to get Instragram selfies with the candy-coloured beach huts as a back drop while you walk to the Kiosk for the best coffee in town. You can also snack on one of our mate Ollie’s brownies from The Exploding Bakery in Exeter stocked here. https://www.instagram.com/kiosk_lymeregis
- Our favourite ice-cream is Baboo Gelato, made fresh in Bridport and you can grab yourself one from their hut on the seafront. Paul loves their salted caramel flavour. https://baboogelato.com/pages/lyme-regis
- Next for a spot of shopping head into town to our mate Alice’s shop Ryder and Hope. You’ll find hand crafted homewares and gifts, with many of the items made by local artisans. Look out for Philiy’s favourite beauty products made locally at Trill Farm by the daughters of the woman who set up Neal’s Yard Remedies. https://ryderandhope.com
- Check out the fossil shops on your way down the hill to the Town Mill Bakery for lunch. Communal tables set a friendly vibe as you snack on inhouse made bread and other delights. https://www.townmillbakery.co.uk
- Take a sightseeing tour of Mary Anning the greatest Fossil hunters resting place on Church Street, before heading down to the beach to look for your own fossils.
- Once you have worked up an appetite on the beach, secure a table at Robin Wylde Dining for seasonal & local menus. https://www.robinwylde.com/
- After dinner walk down the high street keeping an eye out for the writer John Fowles pink coloured house. On open days you can peep inside and marvel at the quirky tower housing a home-made observatory with revolving roof. https://www.landmarktrust.org.uk/search-and-book/properties/belmont-25015/#Overview
- Next it’s evening cocktails at Lilac, the sister bar to Robin Wylde https://www.lilacwine.co.uk
- Then sit in the gardens above the beach to watch the sun going down before heading back to site to star gaze.
Our mini itineraries
Our favourite local places to eat, drink and explore.
A 45 minute drive away from the site you can do a day trip to Bruton.
Our local lively market town full of great places to eat and a stones throw to the Jurassic coastline.