Mini itinerary — Bridport
- Start the day with breakfast at https://www.wearesoulshine.co.uk https://www.instagram.com/wearesoulshine/ our favourite is the pancakes, and say hi to our favourite Barista Sean https://www.instagram.com/seanregan_/
- Pick up some gifts while you are in town at Chilli by the sea (named after the friendly dog that greets you at the door) https://www.instagram.com/chillibythesea/ https://www.chillibythesea.co.uk
- Then head around the corner to the vintage quarter of Bridport to pick up some unique things you never knew you needed. Pop into our friend Sharon’s Old Albion shop and tell her we sent you- you’ll end up staying hours! https://www.instagram.com/oldalbion
- If you are in need of a pick me up after all that shopping, opposite Old Albion walk to the Red Brick Café -open Wednesdays to Sundays for a cuppa and cake. https://www.redbrickcafebridport.co.uk There is a vintage market held outside each last Sunday of the month which is worth a visit.
- After that you can walk over the fields (or a short drive) to West Bay for a stroll on the beach and stop for lunch at The Watchhouse with beach views. See if you can spot the locations for tv show Broadchurch while you are there. The writer lives in Bridport. https://www.watchhousecafe.co.uk
- If the beach is cold, or you fancy a quick cocktail, head over the bridge at West Bay to Rise café. The roaring fire and helpful staff can sort you out with hot chocolate or something stronger. Booking recommended. https://www.risecafebar.co.uk
- Sladers Yard is a short walk from the beach which offers an artistic rest stop. Do check out the amazing furniture by students who trained at Lyme Regis boat building academy. https://sladersyard.wordpress.com
- Make your way back to Bridport for dinner at Dorshi. Hidden down a lane next to The Bull Hotel, you’ll find Asian fusion dishes served up with bespoke cocktails and friendly staff. We recommend the field mushroom and Dorset Red Cheddar dumplings. We dare you not to order a second helping! https://www.dorshi.co.uk
- For your final stop of the evening before you head back for a well-deserved rest, turn right out of Dorshi and walk a couple of minutes to Dark Bear at the Potting Shed Bar run by our friend Lloyd. Tell him we sent you, and he’ll recommend a delicious cocktail or mocktail to round off your evening. https://www.darkbear.shop
Our mini itineraries
A 45 minute drive away from the site you can do a day trip to Bruton.
Our favourite local places to eat, drink and explore.
Head over to Lyme Regis and start with breakfast at Swim. With uninterrupted views out to see, you’ll spot the brave sea swimmers and early morning walkers on the beach.