Lie in bed and forest bathe as you gaze at nothing but vertical trunks and still life framed by the large picture windows. Set in a tranquil woodland garden, the Birdhouse is an unbelievably romantic location. Named, not just for its friendly proportions, but because the sound of the bird song drifts through the air throughout all seasons.
Hand crafted furnishings give a Scandinavian, clean and calm open-plan feel which is cosy in the winter and cool in the summer. Breakfast at the dining table, or sip French press coffee on the balcony as the dappled morning light shines through the trees, round off a perfect day with a BBQ next to the fire pit and toast marshmallows whilst watching the stars.
For your own private spa experience the Birdhouse comes with its own wood fired hot tub nestled amongst native ferns and an invigorating infrared sauna tucked in among the stilted legs.
- Double bed with Egyptian cotton bed linen and towels
- Bath robes
- Fitted kitchen with electric hob and oven and fridge with ice box
- Bathroom with rain head shower
- Electric heating
- Wi-Fi *
- DVD player
- DAB Radio
- Hand soap
- Washing up liquid
- Outdoor hot tub
- Logs for hot tub
- Infrared sauna
- Log basket of wood for fire bowl with complimentary marshmallows
- BBQ with charcoal
Things to note:
- The site is unsuitable for under 18s
- We do not allow pets
- * Wi-Fi is provided but cannot be guaranteed due to our rural location.
- Bookable access to woodland sauna (sign up at the sauna on arrival)
- This property does not have a microwave or washing machine
Min 2 night stay
The most gorgeous honeymoon spot. A perfect place to do nothing in the middle of nowhere. Hot tub, fire pit and woodburner weather and 6 hour lunch in the fabulous Lord Poulett Arms. We will be back.
Jo & Dougal Nicholas